Patrick Brightman, President, and Amy Stern, Senior Vice President, 3E Public Relations
When world events turn things upside down, how businesses respond can make all the difference in terms of future success and profitability. Recently we’ve faced a global pandemic that threw us some curve balls, the likes of which we could never have anticipated. Then, just as we thought we were headed for calmer waters, local news events launched all of us into one of the most sobering conversations about race relations that the U.S. has ever seen.
Patrick Brightman, President, and Amy Stern, Senior Vice President, of 3E Public Relations will offer insights for sound marketing and resiliency during these turbulent times. Sharing valuable information gleaned from years in the business, they will also share recent case studies and examples of best practices with advice you can implement immediately.
As public relations experts and marketing consultants that represent clients across a diverse group of industries, they shared some recent questions from clients over the past few weeks:
- “Should I proceed with my new product launch or postpone it for several weeks or even months?”
- “My largest and most significant trade show of the year has been cancelled, how can I continue to reach my target audience?”
- “Should we be crafting and disseminating a public announcement that conveys our brand’s understanding of what it means to support diversity and inclusion? If so, how can we be sure it will resonate with authenticity?”
- “What are the best approaches to re-engage with prospects and customers as we re-open our business?”
Key Learnings will include:
- Why timing is everything
- The power of content in a crisis
- Making media relations count
- Realistic expectations for social media
About Our Speakers
Patrick Brightman has developed and implemented marketing communications strategies for over 100 companies during his 30-year career. His clients have ranged from local retailers and emerging start-ups to established global brands, helping craft messages and positions that separate them from the competition.
Amy Stern (C ’81) helps business leaders achieve their competitive edge by clarifying key messaging to create newsworthy content. Her longstanding media relationships have delivered national and regional press opportunities that translate to category leadership while catapulting key executives to industry thought leaders.
Event Host: Wharton Club of New Jersey
Date: Thursday, July 9
Time: 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT
Cost: $5 per person (Upon receiving your registration we will email you the Zoom meeting access information.) Please plan to arrive on Zoom at 12:50 pm CT to allow admission time.