Key Trends in Crypto: Alex Thorn of Galaxy Digital
Get a unique insider’s view of the cryptocurrency markets, blockchain, and Web 3 from a true expert, Galaxy Digital’s Head of Research Alex Thorn. Alex’s presentation will include:
• An overview of the cryptocurrency market.
• Discussion of the various crypto sectors (NFT’s, Gaming, etc.)
• Examples of some real projects and use cases
• Layer 1 vs Layer 2 (what does it mean, risk-reward and where are the current opportunities)
• A discussion of the potential impact of the next bitcoin halving
• Discussion of the difficulties involved in participating in the crypto market and how to navigate them (banking restrictions, taxes, securing your coins)
• What is Galaxy’s outlook for the future of crypto as an investment for US citizens? Will the US and its citizens be at a disadvantage as a result of regulation that is more onerous than many other countries?
• Some steps that persons interested in getting involved in crypto should take to get started
Host: Jon Buchwald
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jon via [email protected]
Event Host: Wharton Club of Dallas Fort-Worth
Date: Monday May 22, 2023
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CT
Location: Virtual: Link to be sent to attendees prior to the session
Cost: Gold Members: Free; General Members: $15; Non-members: $30
Want to save by becoming a Member? Click here to Join the Club!